Saturday, September 27, 2014

Jett Warren Christiansen

Welcome to the world Jett Warren Christiansen!
Born 8/25/2014 @7:33am
7.12 lbs
20 in
Well unlike my other birth stories there was not a lot to this one thank goodness! We went to the hospital at 5 am for a planned c section and even went just as planned. I was not nervous at all just really excited to finally meet our little man. I cried the first time I heard him cry knowing things were so much better this time around. Jameson didn't cry until he was five days old so to hear a cry made me so happy. After he was taken out they put him in a blanket and brought him around to Tyler and I so we could see him and kiss on him before they got him checked out. After he was checked out they gave him to ty to hold for a little while and I could have been more happy.
They then took ty and Jett and went to the nursery to get him a bath and check up again. He did have little bit still in his lungs but nothing to be worried about normal for a c section baby. I was then sewn up and got to relax and all i wanted to do was sleep since we had to be up so early i was tired. I meet back up with ty and Jett in the labor recovery room before going down to our regular room. This time around i was not as sore right away and could get up and walk the first day and since i was doing so good we got to leave the hospital early only had to stay 48 hours in hospital which is awesome for c Section.
The best part about everything was the Dr that gave me my epidural. He was the sweetest nicest old man who knew what he was doing and was there for us through out the whole thing. He talked us though the  c section and did an amazing job. When ty and Jett went to the nursery he made sure to sit by me so i knew someone was there for me and talk to me. I felt like my grandpa(or someone like a grandpa) was there the whole time and really cared about me. He was so caring and right now I don't know his name but I am going to find it! 
I am so thankful for an amazing mom that was able to come to town and stay with Ashley and Jameson while we were in the hospital and help out after. I was also thankful my wonderful dad got to come that week to see jett! We don't know what we would do without them. 
Since coming home from hospital Jett and I have had a hard time with breastfeeding. I have always had a hard time at first with all my kids but this was harder. Jett latched and did good in hospital but once my milk came in at home he just could not latch on. So after a week of sores and bleeding and lots of pain and the fact that he was just not putting on weight I made the choice to pump and look for help. After meeting with a lactation con. Which really didn't help too much since he will latch good then unlit have himself and go back and forth the whole time. She said to keep trying or wait until he is bigger. His mouth is just too small for right now. So I again keep trying but the bleeding and pain came right back so I went to pumping only. So since he was  1 weeks old we have only pumped and bottle feed I have tried to breastfeed but it does not work out and back to bottle. I am just happy he is getting what he needs and can still have breastfeeding milk and gain weight. I don't have to worry about my supply with pumping since I have always had a over supply I can pump 30-40 ounces a day and put milk in freezer daily. I have a goal to pump until I have enough milk to last or until I can't take it anymore.






No comments: